Saturday, December 23, 2006

T'was two days before Christmas

Hey everyone!
Well, Christmas is fast approaching and the amount of self control that I'm showing should be applauded. Everytime I go into my living room I have to stop myself from ripping all my presents open. Sometimes I even foam at the mouth, but on those rare occasions my mom just gives me a shot and I get all calm and sleepy.
Anyway, I love Christmas and I'm really excited that It's so close. I've been listening to Christmas carols, and I've even had a few play in my sleep. For a while I was afraid I'd go postal if I heard "I Want a Hippopatumus for Christmas" one more time. Luckily I went postal after hearing Jingle Bells rock instead. By postal I mean I started whipping out Christmas cards faster than Martha Stewart if she were hocked up on steroids and caffine.
Since my mailing is all done so early, I've been able to relax. I've written a little on Clairvoyant, but I've mostly been working. Working really cuts into my writing time. If the local Walmart would just let me buy things with either my looks and charm, or with a personal IOU, I'd just not work so often, but since only one clerk has accepted that excuse, I guess I'll just work until I feel don't need money anymore.
One major bright spot is that I don't have to work for the next three days. I do have to go to a meeting tomorrow, but I'm praying that'll be short. Other than that I plan on writing, going to my grandparents house for Christmas Eve traditions, and not sleeping the rest of the night, and then tearing through the house like the Tasmanian Devil on speed at 5:00 Christmas morning. Oh yeah.
On the writing front, I've gotten inspiration for both Jerucia and Clairvoyant and I will be writing on those over Christmas break. I love this no school thing. It helps free up some time to write, and I plan to write. If I weren't so tired, I'd be writing something other than this.
I've been reading a lot more lately. I've been reading The Elf Queen of Shannara by Terry Brooks, Eldest by Christopher Paolini, and Don't Stand Too Close to a Naked Man by Tim Allen. That book is a riot. I laughed so hard I couldn't breath.
I'll be adding a new page on here for reviews of stuff. My first reviews will be for the movie Eragon and a few other things. For those wondering what my take will be on Eragon, here's a preview: once when I was little, I was walking on the balance beams at school and fell. I remember excruciating pain. It was less painful than the movie adaption of Eragon, which is sad because I love the book.
Also, one more thing before I go, J. K. Rowling has posted the title to book 7 on her website! Go to Mugglenet.com and they have it, or you can try to open the forbidden door on her site. If I were you, I'd do the door. I love doing things myself.
Anyway, I found the stretchy pants. They actually went back down to their original size. They amaze me, and that's why I bought them: for their durability. And with two large Christmas meals and a whole load of holiday goodies to stuff myself with over the next several days I'm going to need those.
May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, and a very happy holiday season.
Jason

No comments: