Friday, November 10, 2006

The stress has to lift soon.

Hey, guys! Long time no post, huh? It's been a heck of a week.
At work, I'm having trouble. I'm scheduled all the time, and it seems like I'm the only one that knows how to do the job. It's really stressful. I've had to cover for people twice so far and I'm tired of it.
I've thought about writing "I quit!" on the walls with an artistic blend of ketchup, mustard, and barbecue sauce from the squirt bottles, but I'd probably get arrested, then they'd find the warrants of my arrest from Halloween, and then a whole new can of worms would be opened...
So I just drudge drearily through the day, and allow myself wonderful day dreams of beating them all in the head with fry baskets.
On the positive front, I got 2000 words on my Medium story, and it feels great! It's moving along well, it's entertaining, it's funny, and it's a nice break from the monotonous, wanna-beat-my-head-against-the-wall-until-I'm-a-twitching-pathetic-mass-of-a-person feeling that I get from work.
So there you have it, stress is catching up with me, but writer's talks with Aurelen and Anne have been very helpful to deal as well. Thanks guys.
Well, it's late, I'm tired, and I'm gonna go to bed.
Jason

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thank you, and you're welcome!
Ah, so it's your turn for the batch of senior stress. I've never had a job..though last night I did have a dream that I worked at a donut shop and almost got reported cuz I couldn't find the donuts...so I can't relly help you there. You could talk to your boss about it...or start looking for a new job, and then quit Sonic. *gasp* You could work at Donut shop! Hooray to the 2000 words! It proves that stress doesn't get in the way of your writing! Good good good! I can't wait to see it on the shelves *giggle* I'd want your autograph.

*Original Comment: Nov 10, 2006, 11:13 AM

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ur having a pretty tough time. Hope you get over it soon! Good luck on ur funny story. Im sure itll be gr8. Also, I havnt had time for "writers talk" because [do not read further if you are allergic to sudden outbursts]

IM SIX HOURS AHEAD! BAH! Does this mean that when the world comes to an end I can e-mail y'all saying something like "Ur all damned!" and ull be like "huh?" and then six hours later... BOOM! (NOTE: Im not really that stupid... but itd be cool!)

*original comment: Nov 10, 2006, 4:42 PM