Monday, March 5, 2007

OpenOffice and other news.

I had a pretty good weekend. I got to hang out around the house, enjoy my family's company, and I didn't have to worry about school. But I didn't get any writing done--I either had to fill out the ACT registration forms, or I was having fun with my family, or I was working. No matter, because I'm gonna fix that. I wrote a very tiny bit today, but nothing that would register.
On another note, I'm reading a lot. I'm a good chunk of the way through To Light a Candle: Book Two of the Obsidian Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory. It's way better than the first one, and I'm finding it hard to put down when I'm just trying to read to pass the time.
More news: I got paid today!
Even more news...that's not really new news...and still hasn't happened: I plan on getting the other two books in Holly Lisle's Secret Text trilogy as soon I as I can get my tax money check cashed. Speaking of Holly Lisle, she's having a sale on her clinic books on her site for the rest of the week. I recommend them--Holly could write a book about watching grass grow and make it interesting. And if that doesn't tantalize you enough, she also has Hunting the Corrigan's Blood, one of her sci-fi novels on sale for only $3.00. If that's not a good deal, I don't know what is...but then again, I once traded all my Michael Jordan basketball cards because this kid told me that the colorful, shiney cards were worth more. I had to get my mom to undo the trade, ha ha.
And more on the tax money front: I got a new radio and new speakers for my car, which means much better sound, and I can play cd's in it now!
And apparently, Freewebs is gonna take a dump for the day, so I'll hurry up and finish:
My final piece of news is that I downloaded OpenOffice, which is supposed to be pretty much the same thing as Microsoft Office, but free. So far, it is pretty much the same thing, whistles, bells, and all. And it has a free .PDF exporter, which means I can put stories on here, one in particular, so people can read them and such. That'll be fun. Anyway, I haven't really used it a lot, so I'll be posting some updates on that as I find its flaws and its good, but so far I like it better than what I was using.

No comments: