Thursday, March 1, 2007

Story Frustrations

It's sad to say, but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with Jivtor. On the one hand, I got a little over 1500 words today. But on the other hand, I'm in a bind with one of the main characters. Ressto seemed like a cool character when I came up with him--a member of the Revolutionaires, one of the key figures in exposing the conspiracy that's controlling Jivtor's government--but everytime I write a scene with him in it...the scene feels wrong somehow. I can't explain it, but the scene just doesn't seem to be coming out right. Even with a good plot twist--they discovered that someone in their own troop is poisoning everyone--I can't seem to get his part to feel right. I don't know what to do.
On the bright side, the heroine--Falovri--is coming along great. Her scenes are working. They have a nice flow, and they just seem to work. Even the villain has good scenes. But Ressto doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I need to figure it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when I end up in a position like that with a story. I've not had that happen with WISB thankfully, not yet anyway. Usually in my novel attempts I start to get to that point around 30,000 words. Now I'm at 50,000, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it lol. Maybe it's the pressure that those that read my work will hate me if I stop lol.

Just take a break. Sometimes it works!

Mar 2, 2007, 12:08 AM

Jason said...

Thanks for the advice. You and the people on Paperback Writer's site have been a lot of help.

Mar 2, 2007, 04:10 PM