Friday, June 8, 2007

Returning Alive with a Meme

First of all let me thank you all for your support. It's been rough going but I'm finally caught back up. The only thing I have left to do is a quick project for them and then it's back to a semi-normal schedule. Thank you all again, it's meant a lot.

Oh, and I'm registered for college. No word on dorms, roomates, or anything like that, but I know my schedule.

Okay, I don't have much to post beyond that, so I'm going to do the first of two memes that I've been saving up. I'll do the other tomorrow (maybe) when/if I get my mP3 player. This first one is "Five Things I Want to Write" a meme created by SMD. Here's the post about it.

So here is how it works.
1) Write about the top five writing projects you want to do. Books, short stories, whatever.

2) Post the rules and the link to where you got the Meme from in the first place.

3) Tag people.

Alright, let's get started:

1) I'd like to finish Jivtor. It's the first story I've ever done a lot of worldbuilding on, and I'd like to at least finish it. I'd like to know I can stick to my stories without them fizzling out.

2) I'd like to write my Clairvoyant (Medium, Seer, etc.) story. It was a lot of fun to write, and I got some ideas that make it even better (in my point of view) and adds more to the story--event wise and humor-wise.

3) I'd like to re-try on an old story that's been collecting dust on my harddrive that I have saved as "Drifter." It wasn't really planned out--I had literally no idea what was going to happen--and I quickly learned that I can't do seat of the pants writing. The story was about a man who could leap from one dimension (world) into another at will. Obviously it's harder than it sounds, but beyond that I didn't really have much planned, but it still intrigues me and I'd like finish it someday.

4) I'd like to finish Jerucia. I like that one, and I've been working on it on and off for about 4 years. It's a fun story to write and I'd like to finally put to rest the story that's been kicking around for so long.

5) I'd like to write a sequal or series of sequals to my Medium story. I'm not sure if it would be for adult audiences or teens like the Maximum Ride books, but I'd love to follow the characters after the events of the first novel and see more of their world.

Well, that's all for now. Hope it was interesting. I'll try to do the second Meme tomorrow and get that posted, but it's been a crazy week. On top of all my homework, our toilet broke, and my glasses snapped in half. I'm wearing a pair of too-small, old glasses.

Oh, yeah. Who I'm tagging. I tag misswriter, specifically, and anyone else who reads this and wants to do it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are settling down and you are surviving. Hang in there!

Nice Meme by the way. I may have to play :)

Jean said...

Glad you're getting caught up. Some unsolicited suggestions for college:

1. It's different from high school. If you didn't have to study much in high school, you'll probably have to learn in college -- start early and stick with it. Academic probation after the first semester is a real eye-opener, but why do it if you don't have to? (I wish I hadn't, and I didn't party -- I just didn't study.)

2. Attend class. Should be a no brainer, but even if you did something stupid and scheduled an 0700 seminar, make sure you go. It really helps avoid #1.

3. When you're in class, focus on that class -- not what you'd rather be doing or what you should have done last night. It sounds simple, but doing what you're supposed to be doing when you're supposed to be doing it makes life easier (i.e. learn in class, work at work, study where you study, play where you play, and sleep once in a while).

4. Make good friends and stay in touch. It's more important than you may realize. But know also you'll have to let some go.

5. Balance. There is time for everything just not all at once.

Good luck.

Jason said...

Thanks, Jean, that actually helps alot! Here goes nothing.