Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tagged!--Eight Random Things

I've been tagged for the eight random things meme by MerylF over at Characterisensation. I've done this meme before, but it's fun, so I'm glad to do it again! So here's the rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed).
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they’re tagged (cut and run).

Now...eight random things...what can I tell...?

1. I didn't always want to be a writer. I've told people that because it's true in part, but writing has been an on again, off again idea since I was in Kindergarten. Other careers I wanted to pursue: movie actor, archeologist, cartoonist, rock band lead singer, and a photographer.

2. The first thing that inspired me to be a writer was the Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine. It was what got me into scary stories, and a good chunk of my story starts were supposed to be scary stories. In fact, one of my most prized possessions is an autographed book by R.L. Stine. Funnily enough, what I considered to be my first complete story, I also considered it a scary story. I later realized I had written a fantasy long before I knew what it was and long before I actually liked fantasy. See the other eight random things for my history with fantasy.

3. I like to draw. I draw little doodles and cartoons all the time...mostly during class, ha ha. I get bored pretty easily, and drawing those doodles helps me stay awake. I listen and draw at the same time, so I can absorb the info, but I'm actively doing something so I don't fall asleep. Note taking isn't the same.

4. I'm very anal about my books. If I let my friends borrow any of my books, I lecture them about how they should try not to crease the spine, try not to open it too much, try not to bend the pages--not rabbit ears!--and so forth. I nearly destoryed my copy of Dreamcatcher by Stephen King when I was in middle school, and I haven't treated a book like that since then. I want to keep them as new as possible.

5. I love dogs. I have three right now, and when I move out on my own after college I'll probably have more. I have a half dachsund (I have no idea if I spelled that right...) half scottish terrier dog named Socks, I have a full blooded dachsund named Jimi Hendrix, and I have a half miniature doberman pincher, half teacup chihuahua named Ebony.

6. Another random book fact about me: I have to have my series all in one form. If one book is paperback, they all have to be paperback. If one book if hardcover, they all have to be hardcover. My Maximum Ride series is in paperback, so I'll probably wait to buy the third until it's in paperback, my Chronicles of Narnia series is all paperback. My Dark Tower series and my Harry Potter series is mostly hardcover, but a few are paperback, so I plan to buy the offending books in hardcover to fix it.

7. I'm extremely clumsy. Just a few minutes ago, I tried to leave the bathroom, kicked the door as I opened it, fell forward, and shut myself half in and half out of the bathroom with the force of my kick. Then I had to find something to grip so I could regain my balance enough to open the door and pull myself out from between the door and the door frame.

8. My body spray of preference: Old Spice. The smell really has nothing to do with it. In fact, I really can't tell many of the body sprays apart--most of them smell too similar for me to tell. The reason I buy Old Spice is because of the commercials. I'm a huge fan of the Evil Dead movies--stupid as they may be I love to watch them and laugh at them--and since Bruce Campbell, the star of the Evil Dead series is in the Old Spice commericals, it is immediately my new favorite spray.

Okay, reading this, I realize how boring of a person I am. Next time I get tagged I'll probably only be able to come up with three things. Anyway, I don't really know enough people to tag so...TAG! If you read this, you're tagged. Do it if you haven't yet, and make sure to link to it in the comments so we can check it out.

3 comments:

Jean said...

We're all boring to ourselves (mostly). It's other people who find us interesting, because what's routine to us is unusual to them.

Hershey is my second dachshund. My first was named Extra, because I had two St. Bernards when I got her, so she was the "extra" dog.

Unknown said...

I thought that was very interesting, and funny too :) I'm a cliutz as wekk, so I can sympathise!

I have 2 dogs; a staffy x kelpie and a border collie x blue cattle dog. Beautiful animals. I could never live without a dog.

Jaye Patrick said...

Damn it! I was going to tag you! Now I'll have to find some other sucker... er, contestant...