Thursday, May 10, 2007

Seniors Last Day and a Meme

Well, today was the last day for the Seniors. It was quite a day. I took my Mom's digital camera to school and got lots of pictures of all my friends. It really hit me about 4th hour that this is the last time I may see some of them ever. I'm used to seeing the same people day in and day out for the past 13 years, and all of a sudden they won't be there anymore. On the plus side, I think it finally hit my closer friends, too, because they suddenly began freely giving away contact info that I've been trying to get all year.
It's a scary thought going off to college. I'll be leaving everything that I hold dear, everything that I find comfortable. Oh well, enough sentimental junk, time for a meme. I got tagged by PBW so here r tha rulez:
Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1) I love to make short films. Part of the whole reason that I wanted a Mac laptop was because of the film editing software on it. iLife may not be the best, but it is an exceptionally good software, and it would do what I wanted. I love making music videos, especially for the group Lemon Demon, but if I ever get a video camera I want to turn some of my short stories into short films.
2) I have a habit of watching a movie or listening to songs and memorizing lines and then throwing them into everyday conversations. Most of my conversations consist of:
Someone else: "We had to shoot it, but what can you do?"
Me (singing a line from "This Hyper World" by Lemon Demon): "What can you do? What can you do? What can you do about it?"
3) Up until four years ago, I thought fantasy was for losers, and I avoided it like the plague. I had always seen it on TV, portrayed by the geeky kid in the thick, black framed glasses and the pocket protector, and I wanted to avoid it. What actually got me interested in fantasy? Magic: The Gathering cards. The game was alright, but it was the pictures that really got me interested. So I read The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks and I've been hooked ever since.
4) Some of my favorite comedians of all time aren't from this time. I love the oldies shows like "The Red Skelton Show" and the old Groucho Marx movies. Those guys were the greatest, and I have yet to find anybody who actually matches their degree, at least, in my humble opinion.
5) Like PBW, I often go on walks in the woods and pick up rocks and pebbles that I think look neat, but then forget about them and don't find them again until after the laundry has been done.
6) I don't use chatspeak--u, r, h8, l8r, idk, bff, etc. I refuse to use it. I believe that if I have something to say, it's usually important enough that I write it out. I also believe that the English language is an art. We have so many ways to say something, to not use it is to ignore a great gift.
6 a) I do use the occational "lol", but that's as far as it goes.
7) I love to watch horror movies. I love 'em. And while I like horror movies that mess with your mind better than the gory ones, I like the gory ones too. I can watch people on TV get mauled in all kinds of indescribable ways, but if anyone comes near them with a needle, I will cringe and might run out of the room screaming, because I'm so terrified of needles my mother has to come with me to get me to take a flu shot.
(Spiders will do this, too.)
8) I talk with my hands alot. When I'm actually in a conversation, for some strange reason I feel to the need to demonstrate every person's actions and show every tiny movement. I've hit quite a few people by accident doing this, too.
Okay, that's it. But, I'm breaking the rules like Jean and PBW did. If you want to do this meme, post the rules and the 8 things on your blog if you want to, but don't forget to link it in the comments so we can go check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool about the old comedians. Funny about the horror movies and needles. Instead of singing lines, I have to do sound effects. Like when my cat walks away from me, I HAVE to say, "doo doo doo dooo" for each footsteps. Has to be annoying, my husband is a saint.
May 17, 2007, 10:06 AM