Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What's 586 minus 586?

I'll give you a hint, it's less than 1 more than -1. That's how many words I've written so far. I started at my usual time--roughly 9ish--and everything seemed fine. I had to write a scene with Ressto. Ressto, if you'll recall, is the leader of the Revolutionaries. Some of you might recall a previous post about Ressto. Yes, he's once again rearing his fat little head and refusing to cooperate. Every bloody scene I right him in feels flat and forced, but I don't know what to do. His half of the story feels tacked on, but without his half Falovri (the herione) feels incomplete. Here's what I thought up:

1) Smash my head until I'm unconcious, wake up with amnesia, move to France, become a famous painter and never worry about writing again.

2) Take the whole manuscript, the world building notes, and the outline, throw them in a metal trash can, dump half a bottle of lighter fluid on it, set it ablaze, dance around it naked chanting the words to "Respect."

3) Follow PBW's lead and write a blog post about it--because you don't know what to do and you're too annoyed to write.

4) Rob a local bank and go on a cross country robbing spree, terrorizing little old ladies with yapping chihuahuas, and end my escapades by driving my car, in slow-mo, off a cliff.

5) Cry about it.

6) Replace the entire manuscript with "You suck at writing."

7) Buckle down, go back to work and try to figure out what you can do to fix it.

8) Pray.

9) Swear a lot. ("This profanity profanity-ing story! Why can't I profanity-ing fix one profanity-ing thing!! ARG!")

10) ...continue to stall even though you've run out of things to say.

*sigh* Well, back to work then.

No comments: