Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Plunge

Well, I'm taking the plunge and putting some real writing online. It's kinda nerve wracking. I know it's not my best, I already established that, but the thought that a whole bunch of strangers from all over the world could be looking at and judging me because of what I write is a little jitter-inducing. I can't imagine how I'd feel about a book being published. Even still, I'm glad I'm doing this. As Jaye Patrick said, "We learn by doing."

A while back a wrote a detective-type story that I thought about sending to Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, or Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. This is making me think about taking that thing back out and seeing if it's worth sending off, and if it's not, maybe I should try writing another to send off.

Anyway, enough rambling, I'm just stalling because I'm nervous. Here's Battle of the Wastelands. I'll be posting it as a link on my sidebar so anyone who wants to can read it, download it, etc. It's free, and free is my favorite flavor, I'm sure it's other people's too.

(Small update: I've also changed my template because I like this one a lot better. I wasn't very fond of the light blue.)

No comments: