Saturday, January 5, 2008

Taking A Big Leap

Well, yesterday, I didn't get any words for writing. But! That was because I'm editing two short stories. I'm going to send them out. I don't know how to think about it. I don't know whether to be hopeful, or not to expect much. At the moment, I'm doing both, and that's really making sleeping hard. Today, we're going to Wal-Mart to buy some envelopes, stamps, and a new ink cartridge.

I've got two short stories...one's a mystery, and the other is a supernatural thriller. Well, I'm gonna get ready to go to the store. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Barrie said...

Good luck! Good luck! (One for each of the short stories)

You are doing a brave thing--submitting.

Way to go!!

Wendy said...

Good luck! :)

Jason said...

Thanks guys. Fingers are now permanently crossed.

Wendy said...

You're welcome. How long do you think it'll take for you to hear from them?

Buying presents for others is always fun, although not when you either don't have enough money or you have it but have no clue what to get.

Jason said...

Eh, from Ellery Queen's, it'll be about 3 months, from Weird Tales, their site says 2-4 weeks, and Cemetary Dance says 2-4 months. I've got a lot of waiting to do.

Yeah, I had the former for the past several years, and this year, I had the latter, ha ha.

Jean said...

Good luck. I saw your note -- you'll probably always decide you hate them at the last minute. You just have to take the leap.

Wendy said...

That is definitely a long time to wait, I hope you're patient. I know I would go crazy if I had to wait so long!

Jason said...

Yeah, I seriously might. I'm trying not to think about it, but I'm sure that'll be easy since the next semester of college starts at the end of this week.